Thursday, February 28, 2008

Basics Of Cooking Through Cooking Courses

Though my husband tells me that he loves my cooking, even I have to snicker when he says it. I’m not a bad cook; I just don’t know how to cook a lot of things. Most of the meals I know how to make are simple, though they are very good. I think he gets tried of the same things, and I am thinking about taking a few short cooking courses to see if I can learn some new things about cooking so perhaps I can make something a little different on occasion.

Cooking courses can offer the basics of cooking, or they can offer you new meal ideas. It all depends on what you need to learn and what is available where you live. If you have all the basics of cooking down, you may not even need to take any cooking courses, you might just want to watch the Food Network. They have great shows on there that give you recipes and meal ideas for all sorts of budgets and tastes. My husband watches it all the time. Perhaps he is trying to tell me something.

As much as I like the Food Network, I think I might go for the cooking courses anyway. I might be something fun to do a few nights a week for a month or two, and it might be a good way to meet new people. I haven’t lived in my town for long and I don’t really know anyone. It might be a good time to make some new friends and learn some new meal ideas as a bonus. I know the local community college offers all kinds of cooking courses and that is where I will probably go.

If you want to find cooking courses in your community, you should also look to your local community college. They may or may not have classes for you. If they don’t, you may find that someone else does. You might even look in your local paper for cooking courses. If that doesn’t work for you, ask someone you know to help you out. We all have that one friend that is a whiz in the kitchen, and they are usually quite happy to show you what they know. If that doesn’t work out, you may have to bite the bullet and ask your mom. She may tease you, but she will be happy to help you out if you just a